Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensors are out

Z

Z()LTAN

ok well ive just taken my 02 sensors out and i just need to know, how do i know their stuffed (i dont have a vultimetre) and how do i clean them?

Z

Z()LTAN

right well i went to repco and got 2 new ones at $88 each... seems to run well now...
Do the fault codes reset or do i have to reset them by taking the battery off so i can see if ive fixed the problem?

Z

Z()LTAN

ahh after all that... its still fekkin screwed :( :( what am i gont to do!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Mate get a multimeter. Cost about $15 for a dick smith one, 1/12th of the price of the new sensors that you purchased to replace 2 good sensors. You can use your multimeter to check just about everything electrical like your battery and fault find any problem in your car (electrically wise minus computers) if you know what your doing. A good thing to have. To clear the error log just take the 20A engine fuse out (located near the battery) for about 20 seconds or so.

grigor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, R31, R33
multi meter

An el-cheapo multi meter won't do.
You need one with at least 1,000,000 ohms per volt on the DC scale, and that usually means a powered digital type, but check the specs before you buy.