Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Manual conversion.

vrbenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 BERLINA MANUAL.
hey guys, im in the process of converting the old girl to manual and am having a few problems.. Is the manual tailshaft longer than the auto one? and do i need a different starter? Also i read that you can change a few wires around so that you can still use the auto loom with a manual PCM, can anyone help me with that because im not electrically minded at all. Its starting to really frustrate me :bang: lol.

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Yes, the tailshafts are different lengths. You do need a manual starter. There is a way of repinning the auto loom with a manual PCM, but I'm not sure how.

vrbenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 BERLINA MANUAL.
how hard is it to repin the loom, does anyone have a diagram?

V

vrberlina5sdp

you need a manual starter, manual ecu/chip and manual wiring harness, i too converted my vr berlina v6 to manual, it was hell because i didnt know how to do it and everyone i asked didnt know as well.

to do it you need:
manual tailshaft
manual ecu/chip
manual wiring harness
manual pedal box

Its not possible to rewire the wires and have the car going like it should, the plug to the box has about 20+ pins and on the manual its 2 pins, there are lots of sensors that the auto ecu detecs and the car shats it self when it cant find the auto, not only that you dont have a speedo, you will also have to disconnect the battery every 1000km to reset the ecu becasuse the ecu starts going crazy.

i tried for 6 months to get it going proper, and at the end i bught a manual ecu and wiring harness for $200, and now it goes like a dream!

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
dont forget a fly wheel

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've got the manual wiring harness, thank goodness. :)
Anyone know of a VR manual computer going for a decent price?

M

medz84

ive been told you can modify the auto computer ive also seen a few auto elects do it at my old work may save you dollars if you ring up a few auto electricians to find out

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
Greenfoam is going to rewrite a VN manual ECU for me with the VR program, so hopefully that will work.

M

medz84

the guy i used to get took like 10 mins and it was done if that

G

G-wok

how much to get it done by someone else? including average price of trans etc