Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR 5.0L accelerator cable / peddle adjustment

mess666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L BT1
Don't know if this is normal or not, but with my VR, if you adjust the accelerator cable so it has full tension, (ie. no slack) the peddle can only be depressed about 3/4 and it will be at full throttle.

I didn't realise this initially, and as a result, snapped the cable from stabbing the accelerator occasionally.

I can adjust the cable, so that the peddle can be full depressed, and stop at the floor, but then there is just too much slack in the peddle.

Is there some was of actually adjusting the peddle? or is there supposed to be a stopper on the peddle of some sort?

Cheers

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
2 person job..... one to hold it flat while the engine isnt running and one to adjust the cable when the throttle is fully opened and pedal to the floor

mess666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L BT1
That's what i've done, but then there is still slack in the cable when released.

Like you can play with the peddle for about 1/4 before the cable grabs.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
mess666 said:
That's what i've done, but then there is still slack in the cable when released.

Like you can play with the peddle for about 1/4 before the cable grabs.
then dont floor it.....or like u said put a rubber stopper behind the pedal

mess666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L BT1
Is there supposed to be some sort of stopper there? cause mine has nothing, just goes to the carpet.