Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS skirting installation for VS

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Can anyone point me to a tute/how as the topic states, I got my skirting, going to cost $400 to respray, $200 for installation, but it would be nice to know how to install the skirting if I was to do it myself.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
do you mean the red strip?
i got the whole set off ebay for $145 delivered, n that has teh front/back bumper and side skirts.
And all you need then is some sikaflex which is like $20 a tube, then just remove the old one, clean that area up, then stick the new stuff on

Nick

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
The skirts are abit of a b!tch to install. My rear skirt just came off today (l'm pissed off about that, but its an easy fix and there was no damage what so ever so it ain't all bad!) and there seems to be abit to it. If it was me l'd pay the $200 to fit it if it was me.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
nick88 said:
do you mean the red strip?
i got the whole set off ebay for $145 delivered, n that has teh front/back bumper and side skirts.
And all you need then is some sikaflex which is like $20 a tube, then just remove the old one, clean that area up, then stick the new stuff on

Nick

red strip!? just the skirts, I got the genuine plastic ones. I got them for $450 2nd hand, just need to paint and install.

2_SeeK_U: Yeah i'm leaning more towards getting them installed, they're filling in the exhaust bit as well.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
VLishes said:
2_SeeK_U: Yeah i'm leaning more towards getting them installed, they're filling in the exhaust bit as well.

Might sound like a stupid question but, where will the exhuast go then?

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
I'm getting an sports exhaust put in, the down pipe will stop before the bumper. Similar to some Euro cars.