Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

level 3 cluster problems

N

nos666

Hi Guys

Hoping someone could clear up a few things. I've got the common problem of my temp and fuel guages not working (car is a VR Senator). I've searched through past posts and did the re-solder of the capacitor and bad luck for me it didn't work. Now before I throw the whole cluster in the bin and go out and get another one I just wanted to clear something up. Basically, besides the fact that my temp and fuel guage don't work I also get the coolant temp warning light coming on (with the associated beeps) however the car isn't running hot. So is this related to the guage cluster problem or do I have a bigger problem on my hands. I've been tearing my hair out on this problem :bang: - I've also changed the single wire temp sensor but that did nothing, could I also have a problem with my 2 wire temp sensor that goes to the ecu? The car now has the tendency to idle bad when warming (but this comes and goes) Also, I've checked the ecu for error codes - none come up :mad:

any ideas?

Thanks