Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

knocking noise on acceleration and turning?

T

turkeychicken

VS Calais all stock, great car engine is fine however a knocking sound is coming from under body when turning roundabouts and accelerating out of corners. Sounds like its coming from rear wheels. Dont know what it is or where to start looking. Any suggestions appreciated.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
First check your wheels nuts are tight, then grab the tailpipe (not when hot!) and give it a good shake to see if the pipe or mufflers are hitting the body. It could also be the rear engine mount which has gone soft or broken. Good Luck.

Girl Torque

VL Calais 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais.. etc
yeah - get her over a pit of possible and go right over all underneath. REckon tail shaft is first to check, then all bolts and mounts etc.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
check uni joints in tail shaft then the bushes in the rear end does it thud when you hit a bump

T

turkeychicken

Nah doesnt thud on bumps. I checked the exhaust and was rattling abit and I thought that was it but I jammed a rubber stopper on the loose braket and its tight but the noise is still there. It only happens when turning left and especially when turning out of roundabouts with acceleration down. I know nothing on tailshafts or uni joints and Im not gonna risk playing to much. Might be time to see a mech and blow all my hard earned cash. Cheers.

natooo

Reaction score
i had the same problem u changed wheels recently? wheelnuts were lose on mine even tho i had tightened them one of the studs have broken off its a crap thing to find i was shattered