Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR mods.

Cannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR-94
i have just had a stock V6 VR auto handed over to me. i'm looking to do some mods to make it get up and go a bit better. Would installing the following parts give it a few extra ponies? Or, post what mods you think i should do.
cheers,

Cam
Performance chip
Homemade CAI (from forum)
Bored out throttle body
Bigger injectors
Extractors
Performance exhaust with high flow cat and straight through muffler
K&N filter
Strut bar

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
really depends on budget. How much do you want to spend? Most things complement each other: I'd start with A CAI, homemade or purchased, With a K&N filter. Then save up for extractors and exhaust, see how you like that, and then decide what else to do.

High Flow cats seem to be all the rage, but apparently having twin standard is just as good, if not better (thats what my exhaust guy told me). And it's a lot cheaper.

One other thing to consider is that on these forums, performance chips are becoming easier and easier to not only make for yourself, but also to tune to car, which sort of eliminates the "do-them-last" idea - depending on how brave you are/how much you want to do yourself.

Hope this gives you a starting point

Cannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR-94
my budget is about 4-5 grand. which i think should well and truely cover everything on the list.

jack.mcintyre said:
One other thing to consider is that on these forums, performance chips are becoming easier and easier to not only make for yourself, but also to tune to car,....

what do you meen by "make for yourself"? please explain.
i'm keen on doin all the work myself, which should save labour cost etc.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I'd go single muffler on the exhaust... straight through gets some nasty drone. If you don't mind thats cool, but you don't really lose anything with the muffler except a few db.

Cannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR-94
yer i emailed the guys at mettams mufflers and they gave me a pretty good price for extractors, single 2.5" cat back with straight through muffler. They said the high flow cat was an extra $300. is that a reasonable price for a high flow cat?

Cannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR-94
yer that's what i thought. he said it would cost $650 for pacemaker extractors, $550 for wildcat extractors and $280 for the cat back system and 300 bucks for a high flow cat. although he did say that he could give me a special price if i bought the whole package, but he didnt tell me the price for that.

Berlina

Reaction score
Website
s64.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vz sv6 A5
how about this
213720_32_full.jpg