Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

not major, but just wondering

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
hey ppl, my parents have a vr exec, and on a really cold morning, the car starts fine, but on take off there is sometimes an absolutely tiny flat spot (it feels as though the car drops down in revs, then picks up all of a sudden). it's not a huge issue that we're worried about, but i was wondering what causes it. servicing the car didn't stop it so it's not that. is it just old age? it's a 93 model with 164,000 on the clock. :)

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I think thats something to do with the throttle body but others would know better. Whenever I note something different in the tune of the car I throw a bottle of injector cleaner into the fuel tank.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Always warm up your car, always, seldom will the commo take throttle until the internal mysteries of the sensors etc are ready to let you go, but there could be a problem, dirty throttle body, TPS or any number of other inlet problems down to a simple blocked air filter.

It's not a pit stop so let it warm up and drive it smoothly for a K or so, that can't hurt it.

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
sorry for the late reply. thanx to all for your help, it is much appreciated. my parents aren't really concerned by the issue so i don't think ill ever find out what the cause is, but oh well. thanx again :)

ilai85

Reaction score
ive got the same car, and it does the same thing when its cold.

i warm my car up every morning and theres no problems.

i suppose its like after you to run a marathon as soon as you wake up.

maybe not, but i thought so....hahha