Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

repair of odometer and tripmeter

I

iamsuperjeff

gday guys, my tripmeter and odometer dont work, i have seen kits to repair them on ebay, has anyone used one of these, how hard are they to fit, are the instructions good, (are they worth the money for what i believe is only a cog?) , and how does the dash come out. any input would be appreciated, thanks,iamsuperjeff

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
There was a post in the how-to section. it was a really good post and it told you everything. it's not there anymore. it's fairly self explanatory, start with the two little screws above the speedo.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
iamsuperjeff how u doin?

Im kopper69 and Im the guy who made the how-to. For some reason, we may have to ask a mod, the how-to post is gone. Basically I bought a kit off ebay and it was ****. $40 and i got one little gear and an A4 page of blurry-ass photos. Had to do it using my own knowledge and I made a beautiful guide up (im so very proud of it) just for my fellow members to save you money and time. Oh here it is, I just did a search....

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20560&highlight=odometer

It has clear explanations and thanks to other justcommodore members we sourced the part from:

Able Instrument Service, 10-12 Babdoyle st Loganholme (brisbane), 38011232, $11

Hope this helps. The entire thing should only cost $11 and about an hour to do.

I

iamsuperjeff

thanks guys, appreciate the help. wish id found this site long ago. regards, iamsuperjeff