Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smoke Lighter Removal

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Hey guys
Im trying to remove my Smoke Lighter 12 Volt adapter.. Does anyone know how too do this? How do you remove the Facing around the Radio in order to get to the screw that removes the componet around the Gear Stick and hand Break??/
Any Info would be fantastic.

thanks.
:air: :hit:

LethalVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L ute
patullose said:
Hey guys
Im trying to remove my Smoke Lighter 12 Volt adapter.. Does anyone know how too do this? How do you remove the Facing around the Radio in order to get to the screw that removes the componet around the Gear Stick and hand Break??/
Any Info would be fantastic.

thanks.
:air: :hit:
the componet around the gear stick and hand brake comes out before the surround around the radio. it should just giggle out. give it a push and a pull and it'll come free

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Yea, its an easy job mate, some force might be needed for lifting out the plastic surrounding the gear stick and hand brake, just lift and pull out, then if you want to take the part surrounding the radio, you should see 3 screws that were hidden by the part you just took out, unscrew them and take the knobs of the temperature controls and it should come straight out for ya. Hope that helps you a bit.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
don't worry about the HVAC controls, they're on a separate plate, and won't interfere.
with thegearstick surround (if auto) it will take a bit of persistance to get it over the gearstick, and you'll have to unplug the lighter socket power wire

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Thanks Guys

hey guys. Thanks for the help. I havnt tryed it yet as it is too dark...will try in the morning...everything looks promising ....
Ta,