Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

climate control fan switch on vs

bluecar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE WAGON
Does anyone know if the climate control switch is on a fuse.

It intermintently fails to work. I presumed it was a blown fuse for start but fiddling with either the fuse box or the switch or something has got it going twice now.

I'm presuming a loose connection or something of the sort on the switch but before I attack the consul thought I might enquire about where the fuse for it is.

Last time after it got going I pulled every fuse out (one by one) and it kept on going with each amputation. Curious.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
VROCIOUS said:
fan resistor? i know climate control models still have them they are just different. bout $40 for new ones

The fan resistor is actually the fan amplifier in climate control models, I replaced mine at the cost of $150, for the part only! Not cheap... the guys at GMH said that some people are lucky, and never have any problems with them, and yet other cars seem to blow them quite often. My car is on its 3rd one in 10 years...

Maybe also check the "blower' fusible link under the bonnet, maybe its not making proper connection?

bluecar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE WAGON
Harvs82 said:
Maybe also check the "blower' fusible link under the bonnet, maybe its not making proper connection?

Wonder where this "blower" fusible link is located?

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
bluecar said:
Wonder where this "blower" fusible link is located?

It's located in front and underneath of the main fuse box... Its the one closest to the side of the car, with 'BLOWER 30A' marked on it...

bluecar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE WAGON
Harvs82 said:
It's located in front and underneath of the main fuse box... Its the one closest to the side of the car, with 'BLOWER 30A' marked on it...

Thanks Harvs. Hadn't got around to discovering that set of fuses. Or I'm just dumb.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
climate control working intermittently is often caused by relays, specifically the hi and low thermo fan relays, which are on the same rail as the climate control power. try swapping the lo thermo with a relay from elsewhere and see if it makes a difference, they are the ones with the yellow stripe, been thru this process myself