Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY steering wheel on a VR????

MrTinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi guys

I must say you guys have one of the best web sites for info on Commodores I have been able to find on the net. Well done, I think I will be here for many hours :)

What I’m trying to do is just make my 94 VR Acclaim just a little different. So what I’m thinking about is would a VY steering wheel fit a VR?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
MrTinky said:
would a VY steering wheel fit a VR?

Nope :(
Not even a VT wheel will fit.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
hmmm

actually, VT steering wheels do fit on VR/S. I've seen them before, obviously when they've been involved in a front end collision, the airbag pops out, and it's taken to the smash repairer. because they don't make the VR wheels any more, they put the latest model one on. if a VT can fit on, i'm guessing a VY one can.

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
are you sure case from wat i read the vt wheel has a different size spigot thingy an maybe they source a seres 3 wheel which fits vr/vs an looks like the vt wheel? thats the way i see it being done

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I asked my holden dealer a while back - they said only VR/VS fit VR/VS.

Of course itsa case of anything can be done - just a question of how much time and money you want to throw at it...

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i drove a mates VY and find the standard exec wheel to be pretty ordinary. i prefer the vs one.

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
does anybody else reckon the VR steering wheel is too big? i would much rather the VY one as well.

96ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs ss
vt-vz steering wheel WILL NOT fit on vn-vs due the spline and i.d of the steering wheel hole being too big for the shaft,if u wanted to fit one you better start lloking at replacing the entire steering coloum as well :bang: