Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maintaining a good looking vehicle

MynewVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Hey everyone,

I've been meaning to post pics of my VR commy with vt kit and 18 inch wheels + 2 1/2 exhaust for ages but have never got around to doing it.

I bought the car stock and a family friend whacked the kit on. I won't lie to you, when i saw it for the first time, paintwork gleaming in the sunlight ( all car was resprayed sept boot and roof ), i could feel a growing bulge in my pants.

I'm almost definitey selling it now. After the last big clean and wax, i noticed multiple chips, marks on the paintwork from where its been cleaned over with the sponge, and most of all. the marking where some stupid person coined my car.

All these little things add up and i lose motivation to keep it in good nick because i can see it's an uphill battle. The chips in the paintwork come from everyday driving.

Do you guys notice the little marks on your car and think that you can never get it back to the days when it was in showroom condition.?

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
yeah i know what you mean, u see it b4 u buy it and dont notice all the little things,touched up scratches, then after a few washes u notice a chip here and a chip there, and where some1s reversed into the back of ur car..:bang: and to top it off ur hood linins is starting to sag...BUT when u do detail it still looks sexy
so i think ya just gotta keep goin

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Lol. You get depressed when your car gets dirty and you think.. aw it use to be so shiny and nice. Then you give it a clean and its looks like your baby gurl again. Sure you notice the chips but only cause your up close cleaning it. If you look at it the next day it looks great again. Costs too much to fix paintwork.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
get some Meguiars ScratchX or Turtle Wax Scratch & Swirl remover... either will do the trick. They will get rid of anything that can be removed without a proper detail. The turtle wax also has a polish in it... so should come up schmick.

That and a detail/good clean inside may well keep the passion alive ;)

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
the worst part about cleaning the car and spending all day doing it is when a bird decides its a good place to drop a bomb.

happens all the time to my car (need a self targeting device to kill the birds that crap on the car)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
StatOmaN said:
yeah i know what you mean, u see it b4 u buy it and dont notice all the little things,touched up scratches, then after a few washes u notice a chip here and a chip there, and where some1s reversed into the back of ur car..:bang: and to top it off ur hood linins is starting to sag...BUT when u do detail it still looks sexy
so i think ya just gotta keep goin

lol..so true, when i bought my vs the first time i took it to the car wash and let a high pressure gun on it a f*ckin huge chunk of wax (my cars white) went flying off the bonnet to reveal a huey chip..not happy.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
its imposible

i think my neighbour slams their door into my car approximately every day

people just dont care anymore

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
especially old people where i work out of all the car spaces they park next to mine. Hasn't been hit yet but you can tell the oldies don't watch what there doing yeah my car has touched up bits and about 5 or 6 minor dents you can only see in certain light which will get fixed eventually and there is lots of tiny little marks and little black dots like tar or something but you can't see them unless you are up really close it still looks good when it's cleaned.

I think it would be hard to keep your car perfect if it was a daily driver.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i never get depressed when i look at my car(its the car ive allways wanted onli wish it was a v8,lol) cos i got my car exactly as i wanted nice wheels,lowered,dark tints and kept in a good cond. except the few scratchs/stone chips/crack in leather etc.., even when the car is dirty i still think it looks good, i look beyond the lil scratches and stuff as most ppl cannot notice it , we do cos we look at our cars with hawk eyes,

MYNEWVR i wouldnt worry bought that sorta stuff with urs i rekon u should keep it , from ur description i rekon ur car would still look hot anyway, just keep up the waxing and washing and it will allways look good, u can never have a car in showroom cond forever, **** allways happens to it , ive had my new wheels for 1month now and allready i have a bukle from a pot hole, it pissed me off but what can u do , its done, and i geuss u gotta expect it goin to a lower profile tyre(15s up to 18's)

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
yea guys i know the feeling, but dont give up on your car.

i bought my vr just over a year ago 1 owner some old lady, its an acclaim with redish/burgandy metalic paint it was beautiful when i first saw it it was cut and polished and glistening in the sun. I took it to the car wash when i got dirty and sprayed the "wash and wax" and "protectant" over it and it ruined my car. I had all these little white spots and fadded out areas the paint instantly looked an extra 10 years old. I sh*t myself.

But i didnt give up, i bought some "T-cut colour fast" which is a cutter and "t-cut metalic colour restorer" and the "T-cut wax" this was a whole set from supercheap all up was around $50 but well worth it, it would cost way more if bought seperatly. So i layed it all on my car and its back to its presteen self and i allways get compliments about my car "did u get it resprayed?" " Man thats a good paint job" and i dont even garage it. I highly recomend those products especialy the cutter, it works so well!

The old lady that had my car she would allways leave the keys in the lock when opening the boot and over time the keys were hitting the car chipping away the paint it looked pretty bad but i bought some touch up paint which you can easily refer to from the colour code; and dabbed it on waited till it dryed and blended it in with the cutter and now you cant even see it, even when u just wash it.

So guys if the state of your car is making you feel down do yourself and your car a favour and touch it up a bit you'll appreciate it more and be a bit more hesitant to just sell it a get another.