Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS II irs or non irs

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
Hey probably a ignorant question, what are vsII excec are they non irs???
I was sure my car was non irs a mate assures me it is irs (hes not god gift of knowledge though) can anyone help and tell me how to identify what I have got?????? I want to lower soon so would be good info..

cheers for any help

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Live axel was standard, IRS was a common option.

Should be marked on one of the pillars if it's IRS, otherwise check out your rear springs, IRS are narrower at top and bottom, live axel are the same diameter the whole way through.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
ive got the same car, mine isnt IRS, so im assuming unless the peron who originally bought it opted for IRS to be put on, then its just a live axel

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
if you do have irs as mattman said its should be badged and you would feel it kick up when ever you put it into drive

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
are the pillars between the two sets of doors, coz I have not found any badge yet. My diff is from one trye to the other, but each wheel is on a seperate arm attached to the diff with the springs

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
You'll feel more road shock from a live axle rear end as when one side hits a bump the movement in the axle is transfered to the other wheel... having driven on both I can say the IRS is heaps smoother over rougher roads.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
1/2 way through the VP series they started doing IRS and by VR onwards it was standard. Wont find a VS with a live axle! IRS Only

If you do, please correct me :)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
In the VR range IRS was only standard on the Acclaim, SS, & Calais... and VS Exec, Equip, Vacationer, Esteem had live axles... IRS was standard on the VS Acclaim, Berlina, SS, & Calais...it may have been an option on some of the live axle models...IRS only became standardised across the whole range when the VT came out.