Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vs clubsport

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
hey i have a vs cluby and i just feel she is missin some power but nothing major wrong do u reakon there would be things to do like maybe clean air filter and throttle body would that help at all?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
O2 sensors, fuel filter, air filter. I would do a service on it and check for error codes.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
pull out the sparkies and see how they look...you wouldnt believe the improvements a good spark plug makes after having sh*tty gunked up ones.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Check your cats as they could be getting blocked. They only have a life span of 100000km. Pull them off and look through them to see if they are clear.

Maybe worth getting your injectors cleaned too (Pull em out and get them done properly)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sixes said:
Check your cats as they could be getting blocked. They only have a life span of 100000km. Pull them off and look through them to see if they are clear.

Maybe worth getting your injectors cleaned too (Pull em out and get them done properly)

blocked by what dude? anything collected in the cat is burnt off at the temperature the car's running through the exhaust.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Blocked by not running the car up to temp so the crap doesnt get burnt off over a period of time (going to the shops for a 2 min trip), blocked by the internal structure being old and crumbled etc

I can email you pics of several cats ive seen that are stuffed
- melt down, blown out etc.

This is from www.surefloexhaust.com.au

"The ceramic biscuit has hundreds of long pin holes that the exhaust gas must pass through. The ceramic biscuit is coated with precious metals which heats up until it is red hot. This burns off all of the pollutants which are contained in exhaust gases.

Catalytic Converters eventually clog up, crack up and rattle, or melt down. They normally last for around 100 000km before they begin to effect the performance of your car."

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
in this particular situation i doubt it would be the cat...you'd know about it from the smell/and or noise.
i wasnt saying that cat's cant be blocked, its just not likely on a vs...maybe something a bit older.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Wouldnt say its not likely, anything is possible. I could tell you a few . . Anyway, there is quite a few points for Greatone to go with, Let us know how you go