Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

codes 47 and 76

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
Hey Guys
Need some advice here...
Did a service on my car the other week - oil, filters, leads and plugs and cleaned out the throttle body.
Runs sweet.
Thought id do a diagnotic check after to see if all was ok...
Codes came up 47 and 76.
ok so 47 is crank angle reference signal - my car is running ok like i said, it has a slight miss sometimes but nothing to worry me, like it doesnt stall and not want to restart. It has only ever stalled on me 3 times in the 8 years ive owned it. never while driving it!
The other code 76 which is air/fuel ratio left right banks.
Not sure whats going on here. i do know that when i fully give it the boot and it drops back into 1st it blows a bit of smoke which my mate said it smelt like excess fuel. Thats fine i can live with that aslong as its not oil smoke. I hope....
What do you do if this code comes up i cant find anything on the forum about this?

Ive reset the computer eg pulled the engine fuse and it came up with the same codes again. im not sure if it did actually reset????
Are you supposed to disconnect the battery aswell?

Ive been going through the forum and reading all the expensive horror stories but like i said the car is running ok. I dont want to start spending money on something that doesnt need changing!

The engine light has come on before but it is very occasional. When and if it does come on i put give it a few more revs and it goes away.

The only other time ive done a system check the ol code 13 has come up.
I didnt change the o2 sensor and the code is not comin up now???

Any input would be appeciated!

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
I had code 47 come up on mine last week, I've been having intermittant problems with the car missing briefly, and then it progressed to stalling a couple of times. I've just had the crank angle sensor replaced yesterday, and so far so good....