Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jerking

executive_power

Reaction score
can anyone help i have a vr commodore and everytime i start it up and drive it it jerks constantly even idling i have changed the spark plugs, spark plug leads, tested the coil packs with a new set but there is still the problem and when i say jerking its real serious the engine shakes and when accelerating and braking the car starts jerking forward.

Can anybody help please!!!!!!!!!!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm, sounds like it might be a fuel supply problem.
check out the injectors, fuel pump, filter and regulators....i could be completely wrong, but thats what it sounds like to me.

executive_power

Reaction score
oh yeah i got the injectors cleaned.

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
yea could be a number of things fuel pump, filter like cruise said or even a faulty sensor

C

chrome calais

I had similar problem but would do it when doing 80-100kms going up slight hill. Would lose power, go in and out of lock-up, creating a surge in the whole car. Turns out the fuel here in NZ is rubbish and problem goes away if I use the highest Octane that I can buy (97.5 BP Ultra). It's a shocker on 91 Octane. The knock sensors would do their job and change the timing on me, changing the power that the engine was giving. I too replaced leads & plugs and in total cost $500 getting dyno'd etc... all a waste of money in the end. Also I had pod filter on that was breathing hot air as I didn't ensure it was breathing in cold stuff.