Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharged ecotec

commo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ss
gday all im looking to supercharge my vs ecotec but im wondering were i can get an supercharged ecotec engione second hand or brand new

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
finding a second hand s/c ecotec is near impossible (unless your really lucky).
you can buy a brand new one from holden for $6500 crated to your door with a warranty. (if you do come across a second hand one it wont be much cheaper than that either..and it wont have a warranty)
if i were you id go the extra mile and get a s/c trans as well..or strengthen your current one.

nixin

unofficial holden racer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ACCLAIM SII
i've bin given a vs wit ecotec and i was lookn at head work and how it increases powa alot more, maybe u mite want to look into that insted of supa chargin it.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Well for starters... if you have an SS, you don't have an ecotec...

It could still be supercharged (VSIII Statesman had an S/C V8 option) but it's much less common.. and no idea on your options.

If it's a V6 (ie - not your ss), check the FS posts, I think there is a second hand s/c unit in there at the moment to suit a VS.

commo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ss
your a dumb fu..ck i said vs not ss

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
no offense mate but your ride section says you have a vs ss... i was just checkin.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I'm sure I've seen one :S maybe i was dreaming.. but i don't think so.

Or maybe i was :p

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
nixin said:
i've bin given a vs wit ecotec and i was lookn at head work and how it increases powa alot more, maybe u mite want to look into that insted of supa chargin it.

the amount of money spent on port/polishing the heads and port matching the manifold you may as well spend a little extra to s/c and have a hell of alot more grunt and alot more possibilties in future if you decide to keep working it.

Goose!!!

Goose!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 97 acclaim,manual,lsd, Cosmic purple pearl.
I can get the top end of an L 67 (from the heads up, including everything to fit it to my N/A ecotec) For $700, (yes that includes the S/C) I have heard 3 different stories,

*1.... Crank, rods, pistons are different and the cupped pistons lower the comp ratio....
*2.... bottom end identical to N/A however heads different to lower comp ratio.....
* and 3.... Nothing is different, S/C bolts straight on and no changes required....

Now i know that the 3rd option is a load of crap, coz the L 67 has a lower comp ratio than N/A.

The guy im buying the bits off said that the bottom end is the same, so if i put the heads he supplies on it there will be no risk of blowing bits up..... I would like this to be true, but i could live with just spacing the heads a lil bit.... I know that spacing them isn't ideal, but one of my mates from work ran 13psi on a standard proton 4 cyl engine with just a spacer between the head and block and it worked fine.....

Discuss! :) :)