Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water leak that needs fixing

pcp20us

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have radiator that leaks water at differnet rates, I have found a hairline crack in the radiator, I tried a metal compuond to fix it today but it was a no goer.

I have posted before about water leaking out underthe passanger door it drips onto the exhaust and off the rails of the body. It looks like standard water out of the air con. Though I sometimes need to top the water up 1 a week or maybe 1 a month.or when the bloody thing just overheats to buggery. Anyway its leaking to much somewhere.

I have had it check by two mechanics, they recon pressure testing it and saying it ok is fine,

So i found a glass silicone stop leak in super cheap, it seems to have some type of liquid glass from what i can remeber from reasding on the bottle are thes products OK to use and do they cause any dramas.

Cheers

Pete:air:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Cut your losses and buy a new one from Ebay - They go from $130 to $200 new.
That hairline crack in your radiator probably becomes a raging torrent when the coolant is hot and under pressure and the crack expands...and stop leak products are only a temporary fix for when you want to sell the car....quick.