Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WHAT Supercharger can I get for 304 V8?

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Im chasing some ideas, I want a top mount (valley type) blower / supercharger. What is the best way to go about it and what would people recommend.

I dont want a side mount type as "I" think they look messy and take up too much room.

Any info would be great on types / brands. Ive seen the Yella Terra and would like to know more about them and others (Eaton), also prices and problems encountered when fitting etc.

Does anyone have a secondhand / recon blower for sale??

Also chasing 3.46 ratio diff (IRS LSD)

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
I wouldnt mind knowing about this either thinking of those plans later on down the track. ive heard its a a fair bit of cash to do this as you have to change alot of parts but yeh i'm not really sure

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Ive done abit of research on it and the top mount (valley) mount is the way to go. It is alot neater, easier to install and provides better performance gains. However, it is abit more expensive. Yella Terra has one for about $6500 complete but I wouldnt mind a second hand / recon one as I dont have $6500 straight up (Have to buy tyres and keep cash for the diff and Memcal reprogram)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
then you still have to think about the installation costs too.....

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Installing it will be easy, just like putting a different manifold on . . (sort of) and a few other fidly bits that always go with putting stuff on a car!

Im going to go with the stroker kit as I can rebuild it myself and have a fresh motor to play with :)
$2600 from COME for the kit (Crank, rods, pistons) and about $1000 woth of work to the block and redo the heads etc etc

Last edited:

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah, sounds like the better idea to me, most peopel dont even think about strokgin anymore, its blow this turbo that, add some real torque! hows this sound, since its goign to be breathign really heavily, why not look into a twin throttle body conversion, would be GREAT!!! HUGE GAINS!!!
and after that, want to swap cars?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
sixes said:
Ive done abit of research on it and the top mount (valley) mount is the way to go. It is alot neater, easier to install and provides better performance gains. However, it is abit more expensive. Yella Terra has one for about $6500 complete but I wouldnt mind a second hand / recon one as I dont have $6500 straight up (Have to buy tyres and keep cash for the diff and Memcal reprogram)
Better performance gains with a positive displacment, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You better research some more.
Talk to Mark (http://www.marksworkshop.com.au/Pages/mws/vs.htm) if you want to go the PD route. He was the 5.0lt pioneer.
AirStrike :air:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Stewart1000 said:
yeah, sounds like the better idea to me, most peopel dont even think about strokgin anymore, its blow this turbo that, add some real torque! hows this sound, since its goign to be breathign really heavily, why not look into a twin throttle body conversion, would be GREAT!!! HUGE GAINS!!!
and after that, want to swap cars?
The benifit of a FI upgrade of CI is the fuel economy and drivability. You can either just swap on a larger pulley or adjust the boost valve for during the week and run a sedate 6psi or so and have almost factory fuel economy, come the weekend and a small fiddle to around 12psi or so and time to go racing.
Also alot more drivable, wont be grumpy in the morning, etc............and make more power!
Also you have forgoten to add lots of parts to that stroker budget. The COME kit, bearings, rings, coolant, oil (running in oil + oil), gaskets, machining, getting the block cleaned, crack tested, deck plated, etc......
AirStrike :air: