Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VS Ideas

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Ok...

New car coming when insurance bastards pay... should find out how much at the end of the week.

I'm looking for ideas for something new... it has to have cruise control, trip computer and ideally climate control, which AFAIK, limits it to Berlina, Calais or Stato.. budget restrictions and my lack of love for the VSII Calais means I'm probably looking at a VSII Berlina... $7-8k for something with good kms.

Now... my other idea i came up with when off in wonderland... what about a Berlina wagon? I haven't seen too many wagons on here.. and something different (i know everything has been done before - but relatively different) would be nice. First thing would be to dump it on it's ass - super lows in the back and lows in the front.. and work from there.

Now.. apart from that.. are there any downsides to a wagon? Obviously you have no parcel shelf speakers, so are limited to door speakers and boot install (which would be a long way down the road - but that is ok).,, but is there anything else to watch out for? ie does the different rear end weight etc make it drive very different?

I know i'm just rambling/dreaming at this point... but any help would be very much appreciated.

IMPSTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon V6
glad to see someone else is looking into the wagons here mate. i own a VSII berlina wagon and its a very nice car to drive. there doesnt seem to be any difference in drive to a VS sedan unless it has IRS which makes it a little different to drive but other than that the only bad thing is parking at car parks its just that little bit longer so you just have to be a bit more cerful. hope that has helped you out a lil bit but if you need that little bit extra room in the boot go for the wagon. cheers mark

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Yeah Matty... I like the look of a nice done up wagon... But I hate the Berlina wagons... they've all got those damn poxy roof racks and strips screwed into the roof... that would be the first place that the paint starts flaking on the roof and starts rusting out... options... find an esteem wagon...( like finding rocking horse ****... and no climate air ).

I dont know why you dont like the VS Calais II ??? I thought you were going to put the same spottys on you Esteem :$

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Nah i like the foggys... it's just that i don't like how they changed the 2tone on the VSII... i preferred how it was on the VR/VSI. It can look good... but only in very few colours... which makes them that much harder to find...

Esteem wagon... maybe.. i liked the factory mags... but no trip computer either. I could possibly live without climate control... but i really like the idea of the trip computer. ABS/IRS etc would be a bonus in the berlina..

Addition - Berlina wagon roof rack does look a bit dicky... wonder how easy it is to rip off... hmmm... and there were a couple of esteem wagons listed but none in sa and one with over 200k's.... bleh. But as i said the esteem just doesn't have what i'm after in the new one.. as much as i did enjoy the sedan.

Last edited:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Hey Matty... I'm not sure if the wagons had IRS either... :?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Mmm you are right (of course!).. agh... why can't they just have one model with everything that doesn't cost the earth :p

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Thought of going something that isn't a commodore? For that price you could get something decent.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Thought never really crossed my mind ;) Nah it'll be a commo...

I want something i can do up a little... and I really did like my last VS.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Another question for the wagon boys.... how low can you go? *turns on limbo music*

I was thinking lows at the front and superlows at the back... but can i safely go lower? Wanna drop the guts out of this thing ;) VS wagon on it's ass... yumm. It's not gonna get kitted so that's not a worry... just going to find some rock hard springs and go as low as i can. Wagon glue to the road.. probably quite the opposite to the usual :p

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
Go the wagon! Drop it and get the back windows tinted darker, some nice wheels and it'll look awesome. I've had a sedan and now 2 wagons, i'd never go back to sedan.
One down side tho... people always asking u to move their bookshelves/chirstmas trees/dog kennel/go kart/you get the idea.