Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car covers... (a boring topic, I know!)

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Hi guys, I've just bought myself a VS Berlina I with immaculate paintwork (pics to come) - it's been garaged all its life. I've got a carport at my place but it's just not the same cause you get all the rain and dust and crap blowing in and I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a good quality car cover that's not too hard to put on/take off. Can you get ones especially made for VSs? I'm prepared to pay a bit of money cause I don't want just some crappy plastic sheet that's gonna be more harm than good! Thanks again.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
There are things called "car cocoons" which slip over the car and then you inflate them so it doesn't touch the paint. Other than that style, I think they all will scratch the paint unless you take extreme care when putting them on and off. Maybe put sides on the carport - just a blue plastic tarp or something easy and cheap. I think you'll get sick of putting a car cover on and taking it off all the time.

bluecar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE WAGON
Actually saw some in K mart this afternoon that claim to have all the worries that concern you covered. Hadn't seen them before and they had a funny name. Started with A I think. 100 to 150 dollar range.

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Thanks guys... I'll have a look. My car's that bluey-purple colour and shows every bit of dirt, but like I said earlier, the paint is immaculate and I want to keep it that way. Pics to come soon.