Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Backseat door window!

Ricko

Ricko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Hey fellas,

last week some poor young chaps tried to break into my VR Berlina :mad:. They smashed the backdoor window (behind the driver's side). I assume that they tried to remove the quater window with a crow bar because I noticed they also F&#CKED up the chrome lining around the door.
Anyway they managed to smash the quater window as well! Lucky my dad heard them out the front and came out...they diddnt get anything out of my car but got away.

I got some quotes from instant windscreens and stuff...I was pretty shocked at what they charge for the window and labour, $380 to $450

Then I rang up a bloke who was selling parts off hi's wrecked commodore...$60 for the entire door. I havn't baught it yet because i'm unsure if a standard commodore window will fit my berlina.

Does anyone have any info on how to replace them yourself? Is it difficult?

Ta

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Power21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC sle '81
Bad luck mate, it's at those times you wish you caught the bastards.

I did catch the two people breaking into my car and me and three fairly drunk mates beat some sense into them.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeah the window will fit just fine..

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
berlina and commodore parts are all the same.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
it takes a little stuffin around to get the window on the runners (grease it up before hand)...but its not overly difficult to do.
the quarter window is easy..basically just push it in.
i had someone pop out my quarter window with a screwdriver ages ago on my vp (little f*ckin bastards)..its rediculous how easy it is.... (should i have just said that.....)

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
At first, sircruisealotVS, I thought, damn he should delete that. People are going to be trying to pop out the rear windows of every VR and VS around. But than I remembered there are only decent people at the Just Commodores website that respect commodores. I dont think theifs are going to scroll through these posts for tips.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, i was thinkin the same thing when i wrote it....and on the same thought if some little punk kids know about it then so will evey other car thief anyway.
i hope it only does good..like raising awareness of how vulnerable your pride and joy can be....every commy should have a good immobiliser and loud ass alarm installed.