Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camber Kit

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
I just got a camber kit put on my calais cos of my new wheels and lower suspension it needed it badly, pedders and a few other places wanted 700buks fitted, but i got mine for 200 fitted, i got the pedders camber kit ($165) and gave my mech 40, he said onli took about an hour or 2, most of the time was making a tool to get the old bushes out from the arm that controls the camber, if anyone else is think of doing camber kit, save the money and do it urself it aint that hard and u save alot of money! my tyres are pretty flat now so im happy with the outcome

Also make sure you get a 4 weel aligment when done so the rar tyres are sitting straight

ilai85

Reaction score
what spring setup up etc. do you have? how low does your car sit? (pictures??)

im about to lower my VR calais and i was wondering if i need a camber correction.....depending how low your car is sitting.

thanks mate.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
sorry dnt have pics as yet got no room on my digital camera:mad: , but i got pedders sports ryder suspension lowered front 1.5inch and rear 2 inchs, coulda went lower with the rear but i didnt wanna push my luck with the cops,it looks really good IMO and the handling is so much better than stock its not funny, and still reatains a comfortable ride.

i can fit 1and half fingers between my front gaurd and tyres, and rear its about 2 i think(but less when u in drive just over the tyre the guard sits).

Camber shouldnt be too bad if ur running stock calais rims , i did camber kit cos i was noticing wear wen i got my 18's (235 width tyres) put on.

now ive onli had my 18's on for like a month i checked the other day and i got 2 gutter grinds and buckles on 3 of the wheels from potholes that i couldnt avoid:bang:

hope that helpd with ur decision