Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inexpensive VS Mods

Sk8er_Square

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Just interested, my mate just got his VS commy (white) and is looking for some rather inexpensive - but good looking modifications.
He's just on his P's so engine modifications and illegal exhaust mods probably arent the best things heh - ive heard that taking the resonator off is a good one tho.

-Clear side indicators
-Clear Tailights (The black type, clear looks crummy on the white commys)
-Changing interior lighting colour (Cluster, dash control lights by using the LED covers)
-Rims
-Lowering - how much does this cost for new springs?
-Audio (HU,Speakers etc.- can get expensive)
-Painting interior
-Car Seat covers/New seats
-New steering wheel / boss kit
-New gearknob

Anything else which is good? Because his is a base model, is there any luxury features from statesmans berlina's etc. that can get cheap (i was thinking climate control, but apparently thats too expensive and too much work).

Cheers
-Rj

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
New steering wheel / boss kit
Not if it has an Airbag Steering wheel, illegal to remove if standard.
Lowering for 4 king springs on super lows and monroe shortend shocks 'bout $400 if you do it yourself.

Sk8er_Square

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
oh yep ur right about the airbag, ok thats not an option then...

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Your shitting me???? I've done a full exhaust system and have ultralows in back of vs to level it out?!?! What state are we talking about for these new laws? It's the first i've heard of it.

Thanks. Boojakz

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Never heard that before, he said illegal exhaust mods, which would be removing the mufflers or cat or something, not just having a bigger exhaust.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i reckon that engine mod rule is crap...i could stroke out my VS to 4.2 and they would be none the wiser...but whack on a pod filter and they would probly go nuts...

but yeah man tell him to get some LED's with the resistors and stuff already on them ($20 from supercheap and where-ever) and replace the interior light...easy as and looks sweet.

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i would obly ever get white lighs for the interior. having any other colour would drive me insane. some ppl have blue lights and **** but yeh im not a fan.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
jus a lil quicky bout LEDs.. go careful about the colours u choose n where their placed.. with this new hoon law thing they can be real b*stards if they want 2.. (my cousins a cop n gave me heads up)