Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hot earth?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with hot earth? its supposed to provide less resistance to the spark, therefore creating more power, torque and better fuel consumption. it also claims better running electicals, less noise in audio systems ,etc.
anyone every used this or know if its worth while?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
not used it myself, but from conversations on another forum, the kits reqally aren't worth the money for the power gain, so maybe make your own?
I'm planning it for my rebuild, but that's a while away yet

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Like old P.T.Barnum said "there's a sucker born every day" If they ain't standard on new cars you can bet your last razoo they're snake oil.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I dont know what a 'hot earth' is but I would imagine its just running another earth or two to your engine. If this is the case there is absolutly no increase in anything except weight on your car.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, im really skeptical myself...thus why i bought it up.
on the dyno graph in the ad for hot earth the "before and after" results are very different and it looks like it adds about 30kw more power...which just seems like bullsh*t to me.
but hey, just thought id throw out the question and see what other people have heard/know about it.

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
i do remmber a while ago a magazine i think street commodres, put a kit on thier monaro gen3 an gain some power, how much i not sure sorry but when i find the issue i'll let ya know

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
kopper69 said:
I dont know what a 'hot earth' is but I would imagine its just running another earth or two to your engine. If this is the case there is absolutly no increase in anything except weight on your car.

(this is just goin off the ad in a street commodores mag) but its this kit that uses 5 earth points on the car instead of earthing through the body...it claims to have 10 times less impedance than factory earth systems and says it provides more power etc. (all the stuff i mentioned before)...
i always thought it sounded really dodgy whenever i saw the ads...

guyver6

Reaction score
Website
mmgn.com
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
I've seen 2 reviews on this product one on a monaro and one on a magna vrx both had dyno results with 4 to 7kw gain so it must do some thing but i dont think its worth the money that hot earth is asking for so i went down to the import wreckers and got one for $50