Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr climate control gone mad!

V

vrberlina5sdp

Hi guys,, hope someone out there can help, thanks for all of you that try.

i have a vr berlina v6 5spd, my climate control is going crazy,, when i first turn the car on the fan blows full speed for like 1 second then turns off, the climate control display doesnt turn on when this happens.

when i turn the digital climate control on, speed 1 and speed 2 blow at the same speed, and speed 3 goes faster. also the car blows out air sometimes even when the climate control is off on speed 2 still,

also i think is a seperate issue on its own, my aircon works sometimes and then stops working,, it will blow out cold air sometimes then stops, as if the air con motor cant turn on, i have tried connecting 12v power directly to the aircon motor and nothing happend, thought maybe the clutch on themotor would move? hehe.

thats about it,, hope someone out there knows a fix.. cheers guys

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
Had a very similar prob with my car a few years ago. The problem was a solenoid block which is located in the dash under the radio head unit. It looks like a long Rectangular unit, about 150mm Long and around 30-40mm Width. It has about 6 or so Small Solenoids that control the vent system. The top of the Block has small circle cutouts with a yellow foam insert. If one of the yellow foam circles has discoloured and looks different from the others, that solenoid is buggered.

Dont bother trying to fix it or buy one from a wreckers. If you plan on keeping your car for a while longer, just buy a new one from Holden. OK they are around $100 bucks but if you buy one from a wreckers and it is faulty or does the same thing in 6 months, well your gonna have to pull your dash to bits again. Is a Bastard of a job. Very tight and your hand might hurt a bit.

The only other thing it could be is the Fan Resistor which is located in the Firewall Wiper area. You have to remove that Black Plastic Cover to get to it. But usually they will either work or just fail, not intermittent.

I would check the Solenoid Block.

Hope this helps.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Yeah your fan problem sounds like the fan resistor, or as climate control models call it, the fan amplifier. About $140 for a replacement item from holden.