Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to get an exhaust at a decent price

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Hey
Sorry bout yet another exhaust thread but ive searched and cant find an anwser
Anyways i went looking for some prices on a 2.5 inch cat back system with extractors fitted today and was suprised how much variation from one place to the other.
I went to 4 places and for the exhaust system got quoted $355, $450 and $550 and extractors were $630, $730 and $780 and the other place reckoned bout $1500 for the whole thing ( i got outta there pretty quick).
Does any one know where in sydney (parramatta area) i could possibly get this done thats not a rip off i dont mind paying for quality but i think some of these prices are a bit weird
Cheers

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
andrewmac said:
Hey
Sorry bout yet another exhaust thread but ive searched and cant find an anwser
Anyways i went looking for some prices on a 2.5 inch cat back system with extractors fitted today and was suprised how much variation from one place to the other.
I went to 4 places and for the exhaust system got quoted $355, $450 and $550 and extractors were $630, $730 and $780 and the other place reckoned bout $1500 for the whole thing ( i got outta there pretty quick).
Does any one know where in sydney (parramatta area) i could possibly get this done thats not a rip off i dont mind paying for quality but i think some of these prices are a bit weird
Cheers
some of those prices are f*ckin out there mate! i just got mine done, $880 which includes pacemakers and a cat back hurricane system.....added about 6Kw on the dyno and the sound is an aquired taste, but i love it! by the way, that price is good for a town with 1 muffler shop:p

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
it depends what you want man...if you just call up/goin into an exhaust place and say i want extractors and a catback they all would use different types/brands for their base systems and just give you the price for that.
tell 'em exactly what you want so they dont assume.
but an average price for good extractors and 2 1/2" mandrel bent pipes with single muffler to suit an ecotec should be around $800-$900 fitted. (thats for stainless pipes and using your factory cat)
add another $200 odd for a hi flow cat and probably look at almost doubling the price of the system if you want mild steel in heat coat.
i cant help you out with anywhere good in sydney to go to...