Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i stuffed up :(

A

anotherstockvs

i use 10w/30 in my vs the oil is to thin and it jus burns it so after hangin hoops on the limiter it started knockin noticed the oil was down a little so i thought id drive it home top it and shibby rite but it didnt go away but then real bad grinding noise came so i replaced the harmonic balancer which fixed the grindin noise but didnt fix the knockin it starts fine idles like a champ but a slight knock can be heard at 1500rpm and it gets real loud and superfast at 3000rpm kinda like a bolt jumpin around it can be heard the worst directly over the plenium chamber but its defintly not rocker or lifter or valve related its not the counter balance shaft at fault cause if it was smoke would jus pisses out the oil cap, its really got me quite stuffed, like i dont really wanna pull the head off and investigate and ideas ppl i need sum

cheers ImI<(^_^)>ImI

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
First thing I'd do is change the oil and filter - put 20/50 in...any brand....or maybe even that 50/70 for a high mileage motor ...how many K's on the engine?
And keep your fingers crossed that the new oil quitens the motor otherwise $$$$. This is the cheapest check.
Good Luck.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I'm curious to know how many k's are on the car also. If you check out most oil company websites, they recommend you use 10w/30 in an ecotec. Oil has come a long way in the last 11 year since the ecotec was released. The supercharged VS calais I bought last month has been using 10w/30 for the last few years and I'm now using mobil 1 10w/30 in it without any problems. No noise at all. Then again it only has 100,000k's on it. How many k's are on yours? What brand of 10w/30 have you been using and have you tried any other weighted oils? Let us know what happens if you change oils.

A

anotherstockvs

180,000kms umm its nuffin an oil change will fix, i did more testing and found out to be the bearings around counter balance shaft they seem to have given way so im pullin the intake manifold of soon and then will pull the motor out as i have to get the block machined where the bearings and shaft sits, when i drove it home it seized and wouldnt start again so ill strip it alll and a full engine rebuild,

oh dose any one wanna buy a vs for 4 gran its jus got a flat battery then it starts good :D:D:D:D:D

werd out soliders ImI<(^_^)>ImI