Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr manual conversion

sic_vn_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
hey i have a VR Auto i am just wondering if i buy a 5spd out of a vn series2 or vp or vr will it bolt straight up to the motor or do u have to buy adaptors

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
dude dont goto the trouble
too expensive to change an auto to a manual and for the amount vs's and vr's r i wouldnt bother

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
I'm putting in a VP T5 into a VR as we speak.. Seems to be going along fine so far. Using a rewritten VN manual computer as well :p

V

vrberlina5sdp

dont worry about haze's post, lost case.

it can be done, if you buy a t5 borg warner box out of a series 2 vn or vp it will bolt directly on without a problem, if its a different series then you will need to buy a flexplat adaptor that bolts onto the the auto flywheel then onto the back of the motor. so you can buy a series 1 5spd box and put it into a series 2 motor, the adaptor can be purchased from marks4wd adaptors in melb for like $315.

The auto and manual Vr's have different ecu's and wiring harness'es under the bonnet so you will also need a vr manual ecu and wiring harness, get it from a wrecker for about $200 max (very hard to get thouhg).

the rest is simple, bolt it all together and bobs your uncle.

YOU WILLL GET 10LTR TO 100KM with the 5spd box normal driving and freeway about 8ltr per 100km, so you will save money at the pump, need any advice mate,,

hope this answers your question,, i know it because i have done it to my car! vr berlina v6 manual.