Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problems with my fan HELP!!!

M

medz84

hello i recently brought a vr wagon its a pretty neat car and my climate control dont work its the normal dial ones not the digital one the selecta for face floor etc seems to work but the fan dosnt work at all i pulled the whole bottom daash out all wires are connected and the fuse dosnt seem to have power to it at all the heat dosnt work either and if i ppush the air con button it dosnt do anything either basically nothing works
has anybody have the same probs or know what it could be?

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Firstly, check the 'BLOWER 30A' fusible link under the bonnet, and check that its in good condition. Then check your fan speed resistor, which is located under where the windscreen wipers are. The reason why the A/C won't be working is that the fan needs to be on setting 1 or higher for the compressor clutch to engage, thus running the air conditioning.

If the heating isn't working, then you could have a blocked pipe, or perhaps the heater tap rod is broken, which is a very common problem.

M

medz84

yeah i checked the blower link it seems to be fine also changed the relay and made no difference i might check out the resister today hopefully i find the problem just dont wanna pay 150 dollars for someone to look at it plus im on a small budget!!!