Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what mods give good power

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, i've got a vr exec factory 5 speed. i'm lookin for a bit more power, no chips or anything just like exhaust (redback), extractors (pacemakers), CAI (genuine), K&N filter... anyone know simple things that can really add to your power?

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
nah not yet, goin into pedders tomorrow to get a quote for suspension. still original at the moment.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
ok, the list of things you've got there is probably what a lot of people will reccomend, thats what I'd do. Thats pretty much what I have on my VN, 'cept I've got a lukey exhaust.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
its a shame you mention you dont want to chip it...cos that probably the best value for money mod you could get...it really gives nice overall improvement...although id recommend having an exhaust,extractors and CAI with hi flow filter at least to really reap the benifits of a good tune.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
get a chip from dr bob mate...much better and cheaper than brand names.
he's on this forum so give him a pm.

hoppersvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
yea onto the chip topic.. does it really do that much to a car with no modifications whatsoever?

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
ChipTorque make good chips according to other members on the forum.:unsure: I wish I got one though them because I could of had it tuned to the car in real time. Instead I got my over the internet though PowerChip. They ask what mods ya have done and go from there. Can't say that I was happy with the finished product.:mad:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
BT1 VR said:
ChipTorque make good chips according to other members on the forum.:unsure: I wish I got one though them because I could of had it tuned to the car in real time. Instead I got my over the internet though PowerChip. They ask what mods ya have done and go from there. Can't say that I was happy with the finished product.:mad:

when i was shoppin around for chips i emailed chiptorque on the gold coast...they quoted just under $600 for a HP2 chip and it wasnt real time tuned, just a mail order, they didnt even want to real time tune it.