Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what's the best bodykit

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
hey guys, i've got a vr exec 5 speed, all original, white in colour. i was thinkin of gettin a vr gts body kit. getting pedders suspension to gts height, and getting the 17" gts rims. what do you think? also, where's the best place to get a good body kit from? smash repairs? SSV? and where can i get the mags (holden wont sell them to me unless i actually have a hsv)?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Sup

a white over silver gts kit would be sweet. if trying to make this look like a GTS id say go standard hight, if not, put the car on the ground. i havnt dealed with these guys yet but i know they are one of the cheapest places around.
http://www.wheelking.com.au/index.html
the tyre factory is also another place which can lower and put rims on ultra cheap and in one hit.

(i did deal with "tyre power" once, arrogant bastards didnt want to give me the time of day)

Good Luck Dude post some pics !

Jecs :thumbsup:

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score

that wheel king is a really good site, do you know where they are located? i'm in far north queensland. is that the cheapest company? they got the GTS rims for $1600 i think with tyres (not incl. freight). anything cheaper?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
personally for a vr/vs i like the vx kit (shut up, its my opinion)...but if i had to go a more tradional route i would get a senator kit, suble, yet mean and not overdone.
as for where to get a gts kit, try find some of the smaller places to get quotes from, the big kit suppliers like ssv, spoilerfactory, CAPA..etc.. are waaay overpriced and you can really save alot of dosh shoppin around, not too sure whats available up there where you live though so i cant recommend anywhere....
oh yeah, those gts rims are the three spokes yeah?....i hate those rims..with passion (sorry, but i do)

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
where in fnq? near mackay? go to quickfit in peel street, if not, um.... sorry can't help

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
sircruisealotVS said:
personally for a vr/vs i like the vx kit (shut up, its my opinion)...but if i had to go a more tradional route i would get a senator kit, suble, yet mean and not overdone.
Yea i think i'll stick with the VR kit, suites it better (my opinion).
sircruisealotVS said:
as for where to get a gts kit, try find some of the smaller places
Um yea, got any ideas? I can still pay freight, but what do you think about the smash repairer, we have a fairly reputable one in town, that way i can get it painted and fitted there aswell.
sircruisealotVS said:
oh yeah, those gts rims are the three spokes yeah?....i hate those rims..with passion (sorry, but i do)
Nah i'm lookin at the 5 spoke VR GTS ones, not the VS ones, i hate those ones too.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ah k cool...i didnt think of that difference in the vr to vs gts rims, when you said gts rims i immediately thought of those three spokes.
i really dont know of any places for kits that far north man...but ask around your area, even if someone has a cool kit on a commodore you see, ask them where they got it...
you could give the panel beaters a go, i know when i asked mine where to get a kit he said ssv...but they were hell pricey, so i looked around and saw a guy in brissy selling kits on ebay....emailed him to see if he had a vx clubby one (which is what i wanted)..and it turned out that he made them so i picked one up for $800 delivered to my door.
id give you his number but ive since lost his business card when i moved house.
all i wanted to stress is that you dont have to pay the overpriced amounts that the well know places charge.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Yeah Pete...you can't buy HSV spoiler kits unless you have a HSV VIN There pricey anyhow... how's $1000+ just for a front bumper ? But they're plastic which makes them more durable than F/Glass copies... Just keep you're eyes peeled for HSV wrecks... wreckers want $600 for a front or rear bar... eBay sometimes has a few... I saw a front & rear bar go for $450... rear spoiler $250...and you can get the grills for $75... hope that helps...

M

medz84

ive got a vr wagon i put a vr clubsport kit on it i like the smooth not over the top look while still looking mean!! when it comes to buying especially aftermarket watch what you buy because some suppliers may sell you a whole kit for 400 500 when you get it all sprayed up and ready to put on it might not fit properly or not flush i stuck with original and i never had a problem my mate brought a full aftermarket kit and had nothing but trouble just shop around till you find what your after

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah go the Vr Gts kit. Thats what i put on mine and managed to get my hand on a set of genuine vr gts rims.

so yeah what you first said is good!