Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pacemakers & redback exhaust - fuel consumption

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
hey guys, i've got an original 5 speed vr exec, and i was thinkin of putting in a set of pacemaker extractors, and a redback exhaust. how do these affect the fuel economy? i don't want it to be suckin up fuel like a V8. they claim that it increases fuel economy, dunno about that. does anyone know for sure?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
there's not a whole lot of difference really...theoretically they improve economy, but it all depends how you drive it.
the reason they say it improves economy is because you have a little bit more power and torque with the new exhaust, therefore the engine doesnt work/rev as hard to do the same job as it did before, saving fuel.
i wouldnt be expecting a huge change though...

VSSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
Got my Pacies and Y piece fitted yesterday. The rest is mandrel bent 2.5 inch with dog leg, resonator, std cat and auto. I only do highway driving mainly but gimme a week if I remember and I'll put up my results. As it was I normally got 470k's before alarm bells went off. And on that note when checking at the pump just how much fuel was left, my alarm seems to go off a bit early.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
oh ok, yea i would really like to know if you get any further on the tank (or shorter). thanks.

VSSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
Definately further. More bottom end too. Exhaust note didn't change a great deal but it'll now chirp into 2nd under W.O.T. I have also noticed it has affected the size of my manhood and members of the opposite sex are taking a greater interest ;)

Last edited: