Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Deadlocks not working???

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
G'day guys,

I'm new here and i'm new at owning a commodore. Just bought a VS S2 with 128 000k's and I've been going over it with a fine tooth come. I've been looking at the doors and all remote central locking works ok, however, if I dead lock the doors (assuming I lock with the central, and then use the key to turn anti clockwise and pull out key horizontally) only the drivers side door dead locks... :my: I can still unlock the other doors from the inside.

My understanding is all doors should dead lock???

Please could someone elighten me?

Cheers

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
hmm, all doors should be deadlocked when drivers door is locked horizontally.
they shouldn't unlock when using the central either.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
yeah that's what I thought,

See if i 'deadlock' the car and then use the remote central to unlock the car the front passenger and both rear doors unlock, and the only door deadlocked is the drivers door.

any body know how to fix this?

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
my vs is the same just the drivers door deadlocks

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
ok so would it be safe to say that it's only the drivers door that does it? it's the only door with a key whole so it may stop wankers and thier screw drivers. However the owners manual says otherwise.

Does anybody know how the deadlock works? I had a look at the gregory's manual and it only shows how to remove the actuator. Is it a small solinode or...?

Not a massive problem I know but I'd like to have this feature IF it is a feature.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
As far as I know, the deadlock feature electrically jams all the locks.

There would be no point in it only locking the driver's door, as anyone trying to get in would just use one of the other doors!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The deadlock should stop all doors from being opened from inside or outside no matter what. Make sure you are turning the key in the right direction. When turned in the correct way you will hear all the doors "clunk". Try to open it then!.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
Ok cool,

hako, I'm pretty sure I'm turning the key in the right direction (anti clockwise), as if I turn it clockwise the doors open. Plus when turned anti clockwise the key is able to be pulled out horizontally as opposed to vertically. I hear a 'chonk' but the other doors still open with the remote central..

Looks like I'll have to pull the door interia off to find out whats going on. grrr..

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
So no one has had the problem and been able to fix it?