Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VSII: Tail light + Respray

Vs_sharlene

Beats a Kick in the Face!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
how much would i be looking at for a set of Altezza-type Clear tail lights? About $182 + P&H on ebay. can i get any better in NSW?

Also i got a scratch onmy passenger side door, deep; slightly scratched the metal. How much for a respray?

Any info would be good

Cheers

hoppersvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
got quoted 200 bucks to have the seven holes in boot that the spoiler came out of filled and the boot lid painted so yea i guess anything from 150 to 300 would be a good price

lights for 185 plus postage is pretty good to i got mine for $205 so i was happy with that

Vs_sharlene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Cheers mate

Another quicky for ya. My arial mast broke off inside its little hole (insert sexual inuendo here).How easy is it to get at it and how do i go about it.

Thanks

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
From what I remember of installing aerials it's a b!tch! My brother installed a fully-automatic aerial on his VL Calais and he was there for days trying to get everything together. Correct me if I'm wrong guys but you have to go in under the wheel arch and screw around. It's a big job and the mechanics charge big bucks for it. My friend bought her own aerial for her VN and was going to get a mechanic to install it and was quoted something like $300 so never ended up getting it done!

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Vs_sharlene said:
Cheers mate

Another quicky for ya. My arial mast broke off inside its little hole (insert sexual inuendo here).How easy is it to get at it and how do i go about it.

Thanks

Very easy,nothing to it(u need couple of phillips screw drivers,long nose plier and 13mm short spanner).Behind the glove box pull the cord apart.Take pass. kick panel out,feed the cord out throu the hole.Take left front wheel out,undo couple of screws then take the m/flap out then few more plastic clip/screws loosen the corner of the inner guard protector.Replace your antenna then reverse the above..Shouldnt take more then a hour.

Last edited:

Vs_sharlene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Yea, now that i think about it, thats about right..(pretending I had any idea)

Oh well, thats tonights project

Cheers

Another question:
Those altezza rear-taillights? Do you think they would look ok on a dark green VS? whats your personal opinion?

Last edited:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i personally think dark coloured vs's look better with normal tail lights....but its your car and your choice.

Vs_sharlene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Is tinting them with that "night shade"stuff legal? in NSW anyway?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i think so..at least as long as its not crazy dark, i dont know how they would really tell the difference unless they had another vs with stock tail lights right next to it, for all they would know thats how they are.
(when i say "they" im talkin about cops and traffic authorities)

Vs_sharlene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Cheers

Another quicky:

How much to totally repsray a VS another colour? Previous owners took no care of this cars paint and it shows it now. Tried cut and polish but still crap (bird-poo stains all over it where it's eaten into the paint)

Its bottanica blue now and i want to spray it black.

---------------------------------------------
If you found this useful, send me money :D