Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

startng car

mark1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
hi i'm having a problem at the moment starting my car when i go to start it most of the time it will not start until i remove the key from the ignition lock the car with the key while i am still in it unlock it with the key put key back in the ignition and then it will start it is a 1994 vr ss is there anyone who as had this problem.

C

charged6_vsacclaim

maybe u need a new key (only the black casing wit the computer inside) the key touches a metal strip on the ignition to tell the car's computer it is the right key. it sounds like it isnt reading very well. u can buy a key genuine from holden for $50. and if they tell u that they have to programme it dont let em do it they will sting u another fifty for it. u can do it urself just replace the actual ke into the new casing put key in ignition turn on to reds leave it for approx 30 sec turn car off for 10 secs then start car it should start atrsight away

mark1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
charged6_vsacclaim said:
maybe u need a new key (only the black casing wit the computer inside) the key touches a metal strip on the ignition to tell the car's computer it is the right key. it sounds like it isnt reading very well. u can buy a key genuine from holden for $50. and if they tell u that they have to programme it dont let em do it they will sting u another fifty for it. u can do it urself just replace the actual ke into the new casing put key in ignition turn on to reds leave it for approx 30 sec turn car off for 10 secs then start car it should start atrsight away

thanks for your help this may be the reason i'm getting a fault code 31 which is a theft deterrent signal missing.
thanks mark