Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Efficiency

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
extractors. more fuel usage or less?
manual or auto? which is more fuel efficient?

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
it all depends on how u drive. if u have extractors, there're meant to improve fuel efficiency cos u have less back-pressure and ur engine dosent hav to work as hard to push it all out ur exhaust, but thats if u drive sensibily.

Same with manuals, they dont drink as much as an auto if u drive em nicely. Not too sure why but i think its cos of the torque convertors in autos that make em drink more.

i got a VS II S-PAK Manual with extractors and 2.5" Redback Exhaust and if i dont thrash it i get bout 400-450kms out of a full tank, but i cant help putting my foot to the floor and droppin the clutch.
<<<<!!!!!I LOVE MY MANUAL COMMODORE!!!!>>>>>>

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
I've got a VS1 Berlina and I get about the same (400-450km to a tank). It's fitted with a 2.5" Lukey exhaust but no extractors as of yet. I only just bought a few weeks ago so I'm waiting for the computer to work itself out and give me some figures on l/100km. At the moment it's sitting on around 13l/100km and that's mostly city driving with an average of around 30kmh (going by computer). Once I get extractors fitted in a month I'll drive it the same as I do now and see if there are any major differences.

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
hey sage i wasnt aware you have driven a full tank yet lol
BAHAHAHA nice to see you mate i was wondering why this guy sounded the exac same as you

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Manuals are generally more fuel efficient if you drive them the same as an auto. If you drive it hard it will drink hard. Manuals are generally faster take off times although thats not true if you look at the figures of later model cars (Maybe commodores).

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
Sound?

I have a Vr with 2.5 cat back exhaust (redback) and CAI, meaning to put extractors in really soon but concernerd about the noise level. Now will this make it louder? and also it is advised to put in a high flow cat aswel?