Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bypass

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
My vr decided to empty its contents of its cooling system on the road because of a bypass water outlet that broke off.
I reckon it would be a good idea to change it on now before it lets you down if you have a similar engine and it hasn't already been done.....the bloody thing fell to pieces and was spraying hot coolant all over the engine of the car

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
nice pic..but what is that pully's function in the center of the pic..the one next to the power steering pulley and its got like "fins" on them?? man my one is noisey as hell when the engines cold but then dies down afterwards..but when its cold and noisy..i spray some wd40 on it..and its fine for the time being and then back to normal again..how does one fix it..buy a new pulley??

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
the pulley is the auto tensioner....I took the belt off the pulley to make it easier to get to the bypass outlet.
The factory one is under 20 but the aftermarket ones with the replaceable bearing is double that.
To change it you take off the belt by putting a spanner over the bolt head and pull towards you and take the tension off the pulley,then undo the centre bolt which is a lefthand thread and its off.