Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Puffing black smoke

nathsvrbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Bt1 pack
hey guys..
my VR has started having a puff of black smoke come out on start up and then she revs high like 1500 and eventully dies down to 1000rpm which is still high for idle
also wen on highway driving she's doin2200-2400rpm doin 100km which aint right
but this is only sumtimes not all the time sum start up she is perfect and no balck smoke wat do u think

cheers

Nate

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
how many kms hav u got on the odometer cos when ur car starts puffin black smoke, it usally cos ur burnin oil and if ur burnin oil, its time for engine rebuild ( reco job )

nathsvrbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Bt1 pack
280...km i was think that to but it runs fine most of the time just has these bad days and it just blows one puff of black smoke on start up then nuttin then she's beaut
i got told my engine has been rebuilt around the 250k point, but have been having alot of trouble wif different sensors lately

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
oil is normally blue, fuel is normally black (or could be carbon build up.) clean your throttle body and reset the computer, check for error codes, could be a few sensors playing up as well, but cean throttle body with sum carby cleaner and se e how u go

sensors: could be the MAP sensor (does it run rought at all), oxygen sensors wont cause it to blow smoke at start up.

nathsvrbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Bt1 pack
yea i thought black smoke was fuel or carbon
cleaned throttle body
i was think more that it would b sensors as it happens on again off again wat can i expect from 280thousand on the clock think she just needs a good goin over i service her every 5-8k so she gets everything dun i hope its just a sensor
thanks heaps fitzy for ur imput bro

cheers
nate

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I would be maybe looking at using a bit thinker oil if its got such high kms.