Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smashing the Rear light opens doors????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
hey all,

i got a 97 VS II, and my mate was tell in me that if u smash the left tail light, all the doors open, is this tru???? cos i dont wanna find my car one day open with the tail light smashed in

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
I've heard a similar story that if you jump on the roof a few times the doors unlock.

elljay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VS Berlina
i heard if you break the drivers window and use the lock, the door will unlock =) the doors dont open if you smash the rear lights. i saw a lady back into my car when i was walking back to it and she smashed the rear left light and my doors didnt unlock.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
SaGe said:
hey all,

i got a 97 VS II, and my mate was tell in me that if u smash the left tail light, all the doors open, is this tru???? cos i dont wanna find my car one day open with the tail light smashed in

They are pulling your leg mate, lol!

tysons_2001 said:
I've heard a similar story that if you jump on the roof a few times the doors unlock.

I have heard that story too, the claimed backing of the story is that holden introduced a "safety" feature into the car so if your car was to flip over and land on the roof while the doors were locked that the doors would unlock. Myth or Truth i dont know.

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah i doubt it very much both the tail light and roof one. i mean obviously if you locks are about to give if they have a problem any bump anywhere on the car could in theory unlock it, but highly unlikley!

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
anyone got a old commodore with central locking who can test the roof theory? lol

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
There is a safety feature that unlocks the door in an accident. I am sure that there is a failsafe involving the key in ignition & in run position or something like that.

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
The difficulty with the 'safety feature that car unlocks when LHR tail light smashed' is - How do you always get that light to break in an accident. My thought is that the story is no more than urban myth!

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
I recall that there was a shock sensor module shown on the schematic for the central locking. I suspect that this is a safety circuit to unlock the door in the case of an accident.

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
I reckon we should get 'MythBusters' on to all these myths!

The one about smashing the left/right rear taillight to disable a known popular make car alarm has been around for ages way before VR/VS commodores!

Status
Not open for further replies.