Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Refitting seat belts

S

sonty

This is my first post, so it's probably going to sound awfully silly..but I need to change the driver's seat belt (due to very slight fraying - it won't pass inspection).

Can anyone fill me in on how I would do this? The bolts (or whatever they are) are covered and there's a panel covering the retractor part...are there any specific tools I need? I am going to purchase the seat belt from a wrecker, but want to make sure I can re-fit it myself...

I just don't want to stuff it up and not be able to drive it anywhere because I cant put the seatbelt back on or something silly like that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My vehicle is a 1996 VS Acclaim...

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
flatblade screwdriver and i think a 21 mm socket, take off the side covers and flip up the bolt cover at the top where the seat belt slides, move the seat right forwards and undo the bottom bolt first, then the top and then the retractor bolt and reverse the sequence to install the new one

good luck:thumbsup:

S

sonty

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't quite sure how difficult it would be (since all the bolt covers are on).

I just bought a retractable seat belt from a wrecker, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how it should work (or if I just got a bad one - was in a rush:mad: ). Is there an easy way to un-retract it? should it just pull out?

If so, then I guess I need to go back to the wrecker..cant seem to pull the belt out (definitely not long enough for) from the retractor part, but it seems to be holding it in (ie if I roll it back in..):bang:

Did I get a dud? Thanks again for the reply.