Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr series2 vr clunks

shamden22

shamden22
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
hi all
i need to know if anyone has had experience with there car clunking at there feet especially when you go around corners i think its the lateral load that causes it.It also sounds like the transmission mount is broken sometimes but it is nt.i have put new shocks in but made no difference.it sounds terrible i thought something would of fallin off the car buy now. cheers

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
yes yes yes!! i get a clunk at the feet every now and again, ive put it down to suspension.... but i dont know.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sounds like sway bar link pin bushes have been poped out boys....common commodore problem.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
sircruisealotVS said:
sounds like sway bar link pin bushes have been poped out boys....common commodore problem.

New suspension soon anyway.. bushes and everything :p

shamden22

shamden22
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
hi guys just replaced my sway bar link pins and bushes. they were pretty sad but made no difference to the clunking.i heard sagging engine mounts could be a possible problem ill try that next$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

shamden22

shamden22
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
has anyone had knocking sound in thier driveline tunnel that was caused by worn engine mounts (not broken) i want to be sure before i replace em

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
Yes Yes I have the same knocking problem, took it to one place who couldn't find anything wrong after spending 1.5hrs looking at it. I then took to another place, who after 2 hrs (and $150) decided to replace the swaybar bushes, Which made no difference. They told me that one of the shocks (left front) is a bit worn but wouldn't cause the problem. The rubber exhaust mounts had broken so I thought it might be the exhaust hitting the car as it goes around a corner, after spending $25 on rubber mounts the knocking is still there. It started off as if it was coming from the left hand side/inline with the gear box, but now if I do a hard right hand turn (like a U-turn) I get a very nasty clunking noise (like something has broken off) coming from the right hand suspension.

The problem is I'm looking at selling it to buy a VZ SS in a month or so, apart from this it is in top condition and I want top dollar for, but I don't want to sell a dangerous car, nor do I want to pour money into it which I will never get a return from.