Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Skirting - spray and install for VS

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Can anyone recommend a decent panel beater to spray my skirting and install it?

Kai2tae

02kittedvy
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berlina a4
have you seen the kit??? they're easy enough to fit yourself,atleast the side skirts and chin spoiler are, as far as painting goes just get the paint code and goto an auto paint store, my paint cost me 40 bucks including the clear coat, as long as the kit comes all primed up ready to go you should be right. have fun

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
1bkk143 said:
have you seen the kit??? they're easy enough to fit yourself,atleast the side skirts and chin spoiler are, as far as painting goes just get the paint code and goto an auto paint store, my paint cost me 40 bucks including the clear coat, as long as the kit comes all primed up ready to go you should be right. have fun

Easy to install? you have to take off the front and rear bumpers no? there is no holes in the bumpers so you pretty much screwing/drilling blindly into the holes in the skirts. Whats a good auto paint store? They are currenty black with undercoat, also front has crack in paint, and I want to fill up the exhaust gap in the rear centre piece.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i didnt think there easy to fit. i just paid a panel shop to do it i had no holes and it was also black. it took alot of sanding to get it right coz it had heeps of mould marks in it

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
VS SS side skirts are exactly what im after, have a 95 vs acclaim. anyone know of a good dealer/distributor

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
do you;s think SS sideskirts would look good on my calais, its green on silver???? or u rekon its better stock? sorry to hi jack thread mate!

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
body kits look better than skirting, VX clubby :)

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Everything is sprayed and installed, I'll post some pics soon, looks great on a Calais S2.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Jamie_87 said:
do you;s think SS sideskirts would look good on my calais, its green on silver???? or u rekon its better stock? sorry to hi jack thread mate!

I've seen it on both burgundy and panther mica VR/VS1 and it looked pretty mean on both, you really need the full skirt and foggies to make it look the best though. Low springs help too.

Vlishes... what colour is your car? I'd be keen to see some pics of it on the S2.