Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blue a/c lights

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
does anybody hav an idea on how to change the green a/c button, and demister button to blue

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Use blue leds if your handy with a soldering iron. People have done it in the VT forum. Do a search.

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
can u get l.e.d's that small... wats under the a/c controls??

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You can easily get 3mm leds which will fit without a problem, but you will have to fit a resistor in there too, its possible but may be delicate. What do you mean 'whats under the a/c controls'. The control switch is a box. The lights sit in the top of the box near the push part of the a/c control switch. To take it out you will need to undo the two screws above the instrument cluster and use a flat blade screwdrive to prise off the sorrounding dash. Have a look at this how-to guide for an idea of how to get to them:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20560&highlight=instrument+cluster

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
thanks mate.. i ended up not changing the globes, instead i left them and painted over the green cover plate with blue glass paint.. thought it wouldnt work but it comes up a treat with a few coats.. did the same with the demister a/c buttons.. looks good

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
ive tried mate, but i cant get a good shot with the lights on.