Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior light

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
hey guys
does anyone know where i can get a blue or red interiour light?
an how much they are?
iv asked at my local auto pro an they said they only make them for jap cars but iv seen a comodore with them

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Dunno mate but maybe you could make your own? I know you can buy glass paint from craft shops like Spotlight/Lincraft etc. that you can paint clear glass with. Try pulling the bulb out and splashing a bit of paint on! It's transparent so the light will still shine through.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
the ones you've seen have probably just been in car neons or LED's...pretty simple to install either.

P

Pauly2478

go to repco and ask or kmart u can get a colour changing led or any colour led/globe bout $10 same golbe as normal one and changes straight over i did it in mine looks good!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Mate I will answer your question.

Go to ebay and get a clear interior light lens to start with. I couldnt find any on there when I did a search just then but I bought mine off there a little while ago. Its frosty clear and looks heaps better. The colour is just from the leds. You can get these off ebay as well. Go with one that has about 8 leds or more in it. The more leds there are the brighter the light will be. I had blue for a while but I found being blue it was hard to see properly at night. I got a bright white and it is awsome.

Leds with clear lens cover is definatly the go.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
Tom04 said:
hey guys
does anyone know where i can get a blue or red interiour light?
an how much they are?
iv asked at my local auto pro an they said they only make them for jap cars but iv seen a comodore with them

i made my own from 3 LED lights works fine cost about $10 to make

Attachments

• 113_1351.JPG
    113_1351.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 113_1352.JPG
    113_1352.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 224

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i changed all my interior lights to leds, but my ones in the back on roof and centre roof w\ones are the best cos they r bright and flash red and blue(used to be 7 colour, but i stufd em up) also i rekon front parkers wit leds are cool too, they r illegal tho so i dnt have em in all the time

Attachments

• green leds.JPG
    green leds.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 205

AnthsVSLexcen

Reaction score
hey man just go to autobarn and buy an led for $10 and u can get a clean cover from ford for around $5 (for the eb model) its exactly the same as the holden one. i found this out from a mate who had an eb.

kyl'svs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS Berlina
dose any now how much power window switches r 4 a vs 4 the front