Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S/c Vs V6

A

ADZ124

Can any one give me an Idea of what sort of L/100K this motor uses cruising on the speed limit.
I am looking at buying one as weekly work transport,plus weekend play.
Are they harder on fuel than a normally aspirated VS V6.
I have been told that when cruising the engine doesnt really use the supercharger until you put the boot into it.Is this right ?.
Need help making decision.:hit:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
ADZ124 said:
Can any one give me an Idea of what sort of L/100K this motor uses cruising on the speed limit.
I am looking at buying one as weekly work transport,plus weekend play.
Are they harder on fuel than a normally aspirated VS V6.
I have been told that when cruising the engine doesnt really use the supercharger until you put the boot into it.Is this right ?.
Need help making decision.:hit:

Top choice :thumbsup:

They're a great little motor that can put some larger v8's to shame!!!

They had the same Kilowatts power output (165Kw) as the 5 L when they came out, but IMHO they pull harder to the redline than a 5.0.

The boost comes in strong from 2000rpm all the way to 5500...and the speedo will try and out accelerate the tacho depending on how heavy your foot is...The L67 motor operates on the bypass valve under 2000 if you want to putter around like a nanna though...economy is excellent and you can have your v8 power aswell...expect 500 Km to a tank with various around town driving...650km out on the freeway.

The L67 only was available in a Calais Series 2 or the Statesman in the VS range.

S

slammed_calais

mine gets 7.5lt per 100km on the highway, round town bout 12. get 850 out of a tank on the highway.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
slammed_calais said:
mine gets 7.5lt per 100km on the highway, round town bout 12. get 850 out of a tank on the highway.

Hey Slammed, how many Km has your motor done ?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
It really depends on your driving conditions. I drive in peak hour 5 days a week in sydney. That really kills your fuel consumption cos you can be sitting with the engine running and therefore using fuel without travelling any k's. I tend to measure my average fuel consumption over the space of a tank, and I use about a tank a week. One week the trip computer showed 16.1 L/100 another tank was 14.9 L/100. Currently sitting on 13.9 L/100. On a trip down the south coast last week I got it down to 9.8 L/100 but once you start doing city driving the consumption goes up again... and mine only has 104,000K's on it.

I tend to agree with Sixshooter. The VS super6 is a fantastic car. I don't how on earth SlammedCalais can be getting 7.5 L/100 on a highway. I couldn't even get that in my VS Exec cruising non stop on the Hume hwy down to Victoria. The L67 does have a bypass valve but the blower is still running the whole time no matter what.

colt_777

Reaction score
Members Ride
'88 VL Executive
Scooter79 said:
It really depends on your driving conditions. I drive in peak hour 5 days a week in sydney. That really kills your fuel consumption cos you can be sitting with the engine running and therefore using fuel without travelling any k's. I tend to measure my average fuel consumption over the space of a tank, and I use about a tank a week. One week the trip computer showed 16.1 L/100 another tank was 14.9 L/100. Currently sitting on 13.9 L/100. On a trip down the south coast last week I got it down to 9.8 L/100 but once you start doing city driving the consumption goes up again... and mine only has 104,000K's on it.

I tend to agree with Sixshooter. The VS super6 is a fantastic car. I don't how on earth SlammedCalais can be getting 7.5 L/100 on a highway. I couldn't even get that in my VS Exec cruising non stop on the Hume hwy down to Victoria. The L67 does have a bypass valve but the blower is still running the whole time no matter what.
what were you talking about when you mentioned your trip computer? is this something you bought seperate from the car?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
colt_777 said:
what were you talking about when you mentioned your trip computer? is this something you bought seperate from the car?

The trip computers were integrated as a standard part of the dash in Berlina's and Calais's.

:king:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Exactly. Digital odometer and tells you how many litres you've used, distance til empty and so on.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah its pretty good, you can put it into real tiume fuel usuage display, like when you go really hard it will use somethgin like 90L /100k

S

slammed_calais

sixshooter said:
Hey Slammed, how many Km has your motor done ?

180xxx still going strong, bout to put a decent exhaust and smaller pulley.