Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS parcel shelf

biox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Has anyone got instructions on how to remove this properly? I need to drill some holes so that i can mount the spacers for my 6x9's and I don't know where to start with removing the parcel shelf...

Cheers

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
remove the back seats,
undo all the plastic screws and it should come out.
I found it easier if you push the sides in and kinda bow the piece. Its pretty flexable.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
you need to take out the back seat...
if you dont know how:
you need to go one side at a time (or get a friend to do the other side at the same time) ...push down on the front, middle of the seat while at the same time lifting from the back (where the seat belt locks come from in the gap)...
you should feel it come free after a little convincing.
then do the other side and lift the seat out.

at the bottom of the back rests are bolts on either side, undo these then push the back rests directly up (push into it a bit too)..they should slide off.
then unbolt the centre back rest now you have the access.

along the edge of the parcel shelf you will see plastic rivets, pull them out and you've done it.....if you want to competely take it out (which isnt neccessary just for puttin 6x9" spacers on) you'd need to also disconnect existing speaker wiring and the rear brake light (the one up against the windscreen, not the one on the boot,lol)
and that about does it...
*edit*..i knew someone would reply why i was writing all that..

biox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
lol, yeah thanks for the replies peeps, i figured it out tho, painfully enough....I was at a friends house when i mounted the spacers+speakers and we didnt have nuts/bolts small/big enough for the speaker/grill so now it's just sitting on the spacers all loose, and i think it's rattling :( ... i'm probably going to have to go thru the pain of taking out the parcel shelf again :mad:

B

bonglung

Thats what happens when you don't do things right the first time :p

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Eh... just go for a drive without the back seats in... you get some wonderful noises come through :p

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
VR/VS Rear PArcel Shelf Removal

The rear parcel shelf in the VR/VS is simple to remove. Remove the 3 clips on the top of the parcel shelf. Use a large screwdriver to lift them up enough so you can get your fingers and them to remove them totally.
Then there is another 3 smaller clips behind the back of the seat. You can remove the back rest of the back seat but thats not worth doing. Just pull down the middle seat and remove the clip in the middle. Then there are two half way between the middle one and the end of the seat. Pull these out but to do this you have to push them from the back with a pair of pliers and then once they moved a bit pull the top of the back seat out a bit so you can get them out all the way.

It may sound hard but it's pretty easy, just the small clips are a bit harder.

As for putting speakers in, you dont have to use those ugly, crappy mounting boxes. I have 6x9s and they are totally hidden under the rear shelf just like the originals. Anyone wants to know how let me know. I can send photos too. CRUMPLEDOOR:flame:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Mate... good luck to you getting the parcel shelf out -undamaged- without removing the back seats.

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
VR/VS Parcel Shelf

Mattman.... I have taken mine and my girlfriends parcel shelf out heaps of times and not damaged them. It can be done and without removing the back seat. And even if you have to pull the seat out its still not that much work.:flame:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I wouldnt be able to take the parcel shelf out without first taking out the back seats.