Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight selector knob not lighting up!

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Got a problem with the headlight selector knob/dial thingy in my VS not lighting up at all. Can someone tell me how to remove it so i can get to the back and fix it? I hope it doesn't require removing the whole dash! What do you think will likely need replacing/fixing? Thanks.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
bad news remove dash fasia and then remove swich to replace globe.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
nope i was wrong there is no globe

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
yeah i was gona say its so annoying hey my vt's headlight selector lit up but it dosent in the vr/vs :( its so handy, another thing thats annoying the light turns on in the vt after you turn the car off REALLY GOOD AT NIGHT and it dosent do that in the vs :(

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You could replace the VS light switch with one from a VT. Its very possible that you would need to modify the plug that connects to it to power the bulbs though. Which you probably wouldnt want to do considering you didnt want to take the dash off.

C

charged6_vsacclaim

its not really that much of a problem why dont u just leave ur head lights on? i do and i never have too touch the dial. as soon as the car is off and you open the drivers door the headlights turn off automatically. mine are on day and night and i only have to change the globes once every 4-6 months