Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

VRc0mmy

I'm having a problem as i go to turn over my VR commy. Sometimes it seems to missfire like its not getting enough fuel to the ingectors and then it splatters and **** for about 2 seconds and then stabilises. Any ideas on what may be causing this?? Its making it difficul tot start!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Id do the fuel filter too.

V

VRc0mmy

Yere i've already done the fuel filter, no change. The flugs are only 20000klms old and leads are all sweet, ive ran some injector cleaner through as well and still nothin!!!:hit: ! any other suggestions????

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You can check the leads resistance to see whether they're within specs. Make sure they are sitting tight etc. Could clean the throttle body and IAC valve as well.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
check the leads are goin to their proper plug...if you got them mixed up you'll have all sorts of ignition and idle problems.

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
Does the same thing happen say after you have run the engine long enough to get a steady idle, turn it off and then start it up again? Try that and I'll get back to you.

V

VRc0mmy

Yere the same thing happens even after it has been running for say half an hour, it still hesitates. I checked the leads and they're resistence is spot on. Wat do u suggest??

C

charged6_vsacclaim

id check the fuel pump, sounds like its not pumping the fuel to the engine quick enough

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
iv'e lost count on this check diaphram on regulator if ruptured replace
(test pull vacc hose of in one hour smell ,fuel pres =fu*ked)